Software Engineer Level I, must have an understanding of the basic fundamentals and principles of software development. Additionally, gaining experience with the entire software development lifecycle including; architecture & design, development, testing, release, and troubleshooting is required.
This position requires troubleshooting and solving complex software issues including initial issue definition, prioritization, and troubleshooting. Troubleshooting capabilities require the ability to articulate and document client issues, formulate logical hypothetical causes for the issues, recommend reasonable resolution path, and escalate issues within a timely manner to proper resources. Performing these duties requires the ability examine server and client resources for Web, desktop, and mobile applications. Understanding and review of existing software source code is also required.
Individuals in this role are able and willing to interact directly with customers of all sizes as well as Atomic Data peers and members of other teams. Successful resources are self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review customer requirements and architecture documents to provide level of effort estimates for work.
- Support, troubleshoot and resolve issues with existing software applications.
- Write new software applications/modules as directed by manager and senior peers.
- Assist with creation of test plans and test scripts for software team.
- Execute test plans and test scripts against software applications and document results.
- Identify and escalate problems to senior team members in a timely manner.
- Work collaboratively with team of developers, testers and engineers.
- Maintain and repair existing applications
- Develop components of the technical solution proposal
- Architect, design, and develop custom web interface systems and various other application components
- Gain an understanding of the business. Keep abreast of new technology systems, methods and platforms.
- Solid ability to communicate effectively with both technical staff and end users; by providing exceptional client service skills.
- Ability to travel to customer or other Atomic sites; must own a vehicle
- Must have a proven ability to determine workable solutions to complex problems in a timely manner.
- Coordinate small projects & initiatives under the direction of department management.
- Attends to obligations and supports other company initiatives as directed.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 1/2 - 3 years .NET experience
- Software web development experience – Full life cycle preferred
- SQL Server, C#, ASP.NET 2.0 or higher
- Web and Client application development
- SharePoint a plus, but not required
- Strong organization skills to prioritize work, balance and lead complex projects.
- Ability to think independently, solve complex technical
- Must meet performance standards including attendance and punctuality.
- Must have the ability to multi-task, organize and document many task at one time.
- Adaptable to new technologies.
- Able to handle process and procedure dynamics (constantly changing environment).
With Atomic Data's service-centered approach to business, we are only as strong as the weakest link in our team. Our clients have high expectations for our services and so expectations for our employees are even higher. We’re a team of smart, dedicated, hard-working men and women that take pride in exceeding our client’s expectations at every turn.
Though we may work hard, we love to play hard too. Rewarding our employees is essential to maintaining our unrivaled service experience. With benefits ranging from Minnesota Twins games, monthly company/client BBQ's, health coverage, 401K plans, cell-phone and Internet stipends, on-premise workout facilities, to paid vacation and competitive salaries, Atomic Data knows how to keep our people happy.
Integrity is the key to our success. We do what we say.