The Software Engineer II is responsible for analyzing, designing, developing, and troubleshooting general computer applications software or specialized utility programs. Analyze user needs and develop software solutions. Design software or customize software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency. May analyze and design databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review customer requirements and architecture documents to provide estimates of work
- Support, troubleshoot, and resolve issues with existing software applications
- Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures, programing, and documentation
- Identify and escalate issues to senior team members in a timely manner
- Architect, design, and develop custom web interface systems and various other application components
- Keep abreast technically and apply new knowledge of systems, methodology, and platforms to on the job practice
- Coordinate small projects and initiatives under the direction of department management
- Attend to obligations and support of other company initiatives as directed
- Provide architecture and design review for Software Engineer, Level III
- Serve as a mentor and leader for Software Engineer, Level I personnel
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Possess 3+ years .NET experience in addition to 3+ years of software application and/ or web development experience- full lifecycle preferred
- Expertise with C# and .NET framework, PHP or Python desirable
- Proven experience with SQL and relational databases such as SQL server, SSRS report writing desirable
- Proficient in web and client application development, SharePoint development and/or administration is a plus, not required
- Demonstrate high-level problem-solving skills and work in a team environment
- Ability to multitask, organize, and document many tasks at one time
- Articulate effectively with technical and non-technical clientele or personnel
With Atomic Data’s service-centered approach to business, we are only as strong as the weakest link in our team. Our clients have high expectations for our services and so expectations for our employees are even higher. We’re a team of smart, dedicated, hard-working men and women that take pride in exceeding our client’s expectations at every turn.
Though we may work hard, we love to play hard too. Rewarding our employees is essential to maintaining our unrivaled service experience. Atomic Data knows how to keep our people happy with company benefits including monthly company/client BBQ’s, fully stocked kitchens, health and dental coverage, 401(k) plan, cell-phone and Internet stipends, workout facilities, paid vacation and competitive salaries.
Integrity is the key to our success. We do what we say.