The On-Site Technician is responsible for providing resolutions to external and internal customers through expert problem identification, analysis, and appropriate troubleshooting. Individuals in this role solve complex technical issues involving the performance and status of workstations. Technicians perform initial diagnostics and resolves the user's operational problems during the first point of contact. Ideal candidates will possess hands-on experience supporting all levels of local and remote users, in small to mid-sized companies, employing a wide variety of software, hardware, and peripheral equipment. Team members are self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the 2nd Level escalation point for troubleshooting for Microsoft workstations
- Communicate with staff or clients to understand specific system requirements
- Monitor system operation to detect potential problems
- Direct the analysis, development, and operation of complete computer systems
- Design and conduct hardware or software tests
- Research, test, or verify proper functioning of software patches and fixes
- Direct the installation of operating systems, network or application software, or computer network hardware
- Train system users in system operation or maintenance
- Monitor computer system performance to ensure proper completion of work
- Install, test, and maintain computer hardware and software
- Communicate project information to clients and team members
- Conduct research to gain information about products or processes
- Train others in software and interface use
- Attend client visits and maintenance reports
- Advanced and proven experience achieving and maintaining 99.99% availability of networks and network services
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013/2016
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2008R2/2012/2012R2/2016 and desktop operating systems
- Intermediate skills in MS Active Directory, core infrastructure services (DNS, DHCP, SMTP, etc.) and automation and scripting (Perl, etc.)
- Basic skills in Splunk enterprise management system software
- Basic skills in Microsoft SQL server, Microsoft IIS, patch management, and supporting .NET applications
- Manage one’s own time and the time of others with constantly changing priorities and minimal supervision
- Flexibility to support 24/7 operations
- Must meet performance standards including attendance and punctuality
- Must possess the ability to identify, organize, and document many tasks at one time
- Reliable transportation to/from client sites
- Experience managing projects using Autotask software desirable
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification preferred
With Atomic Data's service-centered approach to business, we are only as each member of our team. Our clients have high expectations for our services and so expectations for our employees are even higher. We’re a team of smart, dedicated, hard-working men and women that take pride in exceeding our client’s expectations at every turn.
We may work hard, but we love to play hard too. Rewarding our employees is essential to maintaining our unrivaled service experience. Atomic Data knows how to keep our people happy with company benefits including, fully stocked kitchens, health and dental coverage, 401(k) plan, cell-phone and Internet stipends, workout facilities, paid vacation and competitive salaries. In addition, we greatly value an inclusive workplace and foster continued professional growth and development in this area.
Integrity is the key to our success. We do what we say.